Our main room features space and furniture to accommodate 96 people at table and chairs. The original fir wood floor and soft paint colors create a warm and quaint setting for your party or get-together. South and east facing windows let in natural light while the overhead lights can easily be via the wall switch.
The focal point of the room is a brick fireplace (unfortunately, it is a non-functioning fireplace), lit by an electrical glowing flame with a long mantle above. Other items in the room are a piano, U.S. flag and small table for greeting guests at the front entrance. The room is air conditioned, and you can have access to our sound system and digital overhead projector and pull-down screen.
Please click on the Photos page to see how the room looks when fully occupied and for decorating ideas.
On the same floor is a separate storage area for tables and chairs and two bathrooms, one of which is wheelchair accessible.
· 100 padded seat, blue-grey folding chairs
· 16 – 6′ tables, with plastic top, seats 6 each
· 8 card tables
Rental hall features:
· Room size: 35’x39′
· Fireplace mantle is 87″ long and 13″ from the top of the mantle to the ceiling
· Kitchen has pass-through serving window, a triple sink, two electric ranges and ovens, microwave, refrigerator, commercial high-speed dishwasher, and garbage disposal.
· You are welcome to use any of our several coffee urns: 30-60-100 cup and 3 10-12 cup coffee makers, 16 coffee carafes, 2 punch bowls, vases, dishes and silverware for 100, water goblets and small wine glasses. Cooking pots and pans are not available but we invite you to bring your own. We can put you in touch with a rental service for you to choose among many colors of table linens and cloth napkins or you can furnish your own.
AED and First Aid kit:
An automated external defibrillator (AED) and a first aid kit are available. An AED is a machine with a computer inside that can recognize cardiac arrest that requires a shock. It tells the rescuer when a shock is needed and gives a shock if needed. The chance of survival for a victim of sudden cardiac arrest is increased if the victim is given CPR right away and use an AED within a few minutes.
The Pine Grove Board of Directors requires that renters carry event insurance. A certificate of insurance with Pine Grove Community House named as additional insured must be included as part of the rental agreement. Renters should seek the advise of their personal insurance company to see if they are adequately covered for the nature of activities planned (homeowners policies often extend coverage for no or minimal cost). See also wedsafe.com or other online event insurance carriers for reasonable one-day event insurance.
An emergency generator provides limited electric power backup for power outages.
Safety code and laws:
· No smoking is permitted in the building.
· No candles or flaming devices in the building.
· Serving alcoholic beverages is not permitted without prior approval and a signed Hold Harmless Agreement between Pine Grove Board and Renter.
· Do not block exits with furniture or have doors locked.
Decorations and signs:
· Please DO NOT use tape, staples, or pins to attach decorations or signs to inside walls, doors, or valances. There are fabric panels on walls that are usable for hanging decorations.
· Do not stand on the chairs. There is a ladder available for your use and safety.
Clean up. All renters need to:
· Leave the hall and the kitchen in the same condition in which it was found.
· Furniture needs to be returned to storage areas or original position.
· Renter is responsible for securing the building and returning the key.
· Saturday night renters need to remove personal belongings and vacate building by midnight unless other arrangements have been made.